webaudio.monkey

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/webaudio.monkey

skid(Posted 2012) [#1]
In an effort to induce Sunday night RSI, I have begun translation of the IDL for webaudio which is a draft HTML5 standard for audio.

Note, the object currently known as webkitAudioContext may need to be changed for browsers other than Chrome.

impixi(Posted 2012) [#2]
Cool. I attempted this a while ago and hit a few barriers relating to the loading of sounds via asynchronous XMLHttpRequests, specifically local file permission issues. But I had coded a native Javascript-based loader and wrapped that. Maybe Monkey can handle this itself now with the new streaming features?

I see you've not yet implemented an Oscillator class/interface. I actually found that quite useful for testing purposes, since I couldn't load any sounds from files!

skid(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have xna audio and microphone channels streaming in / out of Monkey app so am hoping to replicate the interface on other targets.

I might do flash implementation first before going any further with above as the lack of microphone stream on web is a bit of deal breaker.

This magic xylophone is pretty cool.

impixi(Posted 2012) [#4]
I just dug up my old wrapper code - it's based on the 2010 draft, and that lacked an Oscillator interface. So my memory is crap in that regard! I was using a custom Sinewave generator class I found on the net for testing purposes.

Yeah, there are some nice demos for the web audio stuff. But, as you mention, there are some limitations, though it is quite powerful in other areas.