INDEX ERR

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/INDEX ERR

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
INDEX_SIZE_ERR : DOM Exception 1

What the hell is that all about ? , in the middle of pulling my code out of the monkey touch project so I can up it solo for people to test and when its out on its own its throwing this error.

this error does not happen when its within the monkey touch framework, but the odd thing is no code is being changed.

not sure whats causing the error so finding it hard to track it down.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#2]
It's a range exception. Without code there's not a lot more to be said. Do you have the failing example up on a server?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
its my entry for the monkey touch project mate if you grab the latest build linked in the top of it's thread......... nvm

http://code.google.com/p/monkey-touch/downloads/detail?name=r113.rar

I suspect the problem will be found in game1.monkey which is my entry, but might be wise to have the full project in case it's something else causing it.

Builds and runs fine on flash and glfw, so im kinda stumped.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#4]
I'd rather you just gave me a link to the html5 version that you've built. The rar for the project is 100MB because it has the svn repo in it and the build directory (why?). Then it requires the latest diddy module, which I don't use and is incompatible with my version of trans.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#5]
holy crap didnt realize it was that large.

try - http://www.cruel-gaming.com/work/Games/invade.rar

should be the html5 version, not sure how thats gona help tho.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#6]
OT: Muddy, why is Diddy incompatible with your version of trans?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#7]
The problem is that you're setting the volume of your "waveinsound" to 10. The range for volumes is 0.0-1.0.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#8]
why is Diddy incompatible with your version of trans?

Because I've altered trans to call a discard function on collection enumerators so that they can be pooled.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#9]
oh, thot the range was 1-100 and how the hell did you find that . you goto teach me your debug skills mate.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#10]
Oh I confused it with diddy's MusicSetVolume which is 1-100 DOH silly me.

thanks tho for the help.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#11]
Because I've altered trans to call a discard function on collection enumerators so that they can be pooled.

I asked Mark about doing this and he was reluctant. It's a pity, because I've already added most of the pooling code to ArrayList ready for it. ;)