Text files

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Text files

skavle(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi!
Is there a way to use the LoadString()without using the MServer? For instance if i just want to send the my hmtl5 game(that loades data from different files) to someone in a zip file. So they can run it by just clicking the .html file?

Tnx!

impixi(Posted 2012) [#2]
So they can run it by just clicking the .html file?

It's a browser security issue. You'd need to inform your zip file recipient to enable local file access via a browser switch or setting (if supported at all).

The alternative might be to write and package a separate launcher executable... And/or include mserver (if licensing permits)...

skavle(Posted 2012) [#3]
I was mostly ment for use in collaboration width artist and designers so they can make changes without having to go trough the process of compiling themselves. I suppose compiling to XNA would be a better solution then.
Tnx for the answer!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
just have then save the changes to the build folder for that target ?

I was recently fine tunning a level on my game, which is done via a comma delimited text file, I just edited the level.txt in the build folder and after a change just refreshed my browser, didnt have to rebuild / compile to test it and it went much faster than normal.

Highlighted the fact that I really need to write an editor but thats another story all together lol.