Game Controler ?

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Game Controler ?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
trying to add joypad support for my game and getting patchy results.

Its a 360 controller via a wireless, now if I build to glfw the A buttons works, but the dpad does not.

Also is this supported in html5 ? cos nothing works in html5 for me at the moment.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#2]
I won't use html5 until it's stable across all browsers. But I've heard that FireFox and Chrome do support a experimental GamePad API. https://developer.mozilla.org/en/API/Gamepad/Using_Gamepad_API
Googling around may shed more light on this.

Its a 360 controller via a wireless, now if I build to glfw the A buttons works, but the dpad does not.
Does every thing work with an xna windows build?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
not tested in a few days but yeah as I recall it did.

Asmodean(Posted 2015) [#4]
I tried to use the gamepad support from html5. It works, but only one button at time. I am way to inexperienced to make it really usable, but maybe someone has more experience in Javascript and can make it usable. Works only with Xbox360-Controller.

Edit: fixed it. I think now it is usable. You have to press one of the X,Y,A,B first to initialize the Controller.

Gamepad.js:

Monkey-Code:

bitJericho(Posted 2015) [#5]
Wow that couldn't be simpler! I didn't know realize could just import js like that. I'll try this out when I get to that point in my projects. Nice job.