Mentor wanted

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Mentor wanted

Yoda(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi guys! I'm looking for someone to be my mentor in terms of monkey coding. i have quite a lot of programming experience, but oo is new to me, so i'd like to ask some specific questions, preferably in a skype session, to clarify things and help me continue development. anyone willing to help?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Why not just post questions on the forum so the knowledge can be shared and help others?

Yoda(Posted 2011) [#3]
Because the answers in the forum are based on the responder's level of knowledge, but in order to understand the solution, they have to be based on the questioner's level of knowledge, which I can't clarify by writing. I need to be able to ask questions and also ask for clarification instantly, otherwise it takes much too much time.

Also, in the forum, people tend to answer to the last post, not stick to the original question.

I don't mind sharing the answers. Also, if I can help someone, of course I'm more than happy to do so. You can msg me anytime if you have special questions that I can answer.

But ok, I'll give it a try, I'll post some of my questions here.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2011) [#4]
Pounding your head against a seemingly intractable problem for a day isn't a bad thing. Sometimes you figure out the solution on your own, sometimes not but it is always a good learning experience.

Yoda(Posted 2011) [#5]
If it is a problem I CAN figure out with the knowledge and resources I have, it's a good thing.
But if it's a problem I can not figure out because I just don't know something and can't learn it because I don't know what and where to look for, it's a waste of time.

I've posted a few questions here, they all seemed to be answered, but none of them is understandable or usable for me, because it seems there are some basics or whatever I don't know, that no one explains because everyone seems to take that knowledge for granted.

That's why I asked if anyone would be willing to help.

Anyone?

bruZard(Posted 2011) [#6]
what is the question? You do not understand OOP, ok ... but that is not a question. What do you want to know?

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#7]
I could help you but I dont use skype,
if you send an email to my username at gmail I will answer your questions