HTML5 Mobile Test

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/HTML5 Mobile Test

Rumphiz(Posted 2011) [#1]
Could I ask if a few people could test the below with a html5 capable phone/tablet. I'm trying to get a full screen canvas that reacts to touches without moving the whole screen around.

http://rumphiz.com/mobile

Works great on a iphone 4gs but I'm interested about older hardware and what android thinks of it.

Also not sure if I'm the last person to find out about this but on a iphone you can add a web app to your home screen and it works pretty much like a normal app. Has anyone seen good examples of this?

Edit: The test is no longer up, but a little xmas scene using the same method is.

http://rumphiz.com/xmas

benmc(Posted 2011) [#2]
Seems to work fine on my iPhone 3GS. Added it to the home screen, loads up full screen with status bar at the top. Page doesn't drag around. 2 red dots appear when I have 2 fingers on the screen.

On the Android 2.2 Galaxy Tab 7" in the default browser, it also loads full screen, looks good, works fine when I touch the screen. However, multitouch is broken. It leaves a big red dot where my second finger touched and wouldn't go away and it wouldn't move.

c.k.(Posted 2011) [#3]
My Samsung Galaxy S2 runs it just fine. The double-touch does screw things up.

dawlane(Posted 2011) [#4]
Runs slow on my iPod Touch 2nd Gen but ok on my 4th gen

Beaker(Posted 2011) [#5]
Works fine on my ipad2. Double touch is fine.

Samah(Posted 2011) [#6]
Desire HD (Gingerbread 2.3.3) - Default Browser (369 x 554):
Can only use one touch due to the browser trying to pinch/zoom. Performance alright.

Desire HD (Gingerbread 2.3.3) - Dolphin Browser HD (369 x 480):
Again it could only use one touch for the same reason.
The first circle seemed to be stuck on if I dragged out the Dolphin Browser toolbar, but the second would still work ok.
Performance seems alright (need FPS counter!)

Motorola Xoom (MZ604, Honeycomb 3.1) - Default Browser (1280 x 648):
Chugs really bad. Maybe 5 fps? Supports two touches fine.

Motorola Xoom (MZ604, Honeycomb 3.1) - Dolphin Browser HD (1280 x 661):
Also chugs at about 5 fps.

Motorola Xoom (Honeycomb 3.1) - Firefox (1280 x 752):
Performance is pretty good. Almost as smooth as the Desire HD, even with a higher resolution.
Second touch doesn't work at all. Not even for pinch/zoom.

iPad 2 (iOS 5.0.1) - Safari (1536 x 1856):
wtf @ resolution??? Looks like the res has been made huge but scaled to fit the 1024x768 screen. You can hardly read the text.
Performance about the same as Firefox on Xoom. Two touches work fine. Framerate halves when changing to landscape (2048 x 1344).

iPad 2 (iOS 5.0.1) - iCabMobile (1536 x 1772):
Same deal with resolution. Framerate is slightly better than Safari. Again, landscape (2048 x 1260) kills the framerate by about half.

iPod Touch (iOS 4.1) - Safari (640 x 712):
Framerate about the same as Safari on iPad 2. Two touches works fine. No issues when switching to landscape (960 x 416).

iPod Touch (iOS 4.1) - iCabMobile (640 x 684):
Same performance as Safari. Two touches fine. Landscape (960 x 364) is slightly faster, probably due to the smaller viewable area.

Rumphiz(Posted 2011) [#7]
Much thanks for taking the time, better than I anticipated results.

It would seem multi-touch is out if you want to support more than ios, although more than 5 touches seems to mess up my iphone too.

Can't quite work out what's happening with the screen sizes, the canvas is scaled to 100% yet an iphone 3gs returns the same size as a 4gs.