html5 build freezing when not using MServer.

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/html5 build freezing when not using MServer.

4mat(Posted 2011) [#1]
Wondering if anyone else has come across this problem recently.

When I build and test my engine code with MServer running the app works fine. However, when I drop the built Monkeygame.html file onto a browser window it freezes after displaying one frame. (graphics all visible, the browser hasn't crashed but it's not updating the game code) AFAIR I haven't changed my code structure for a while so I'm a bit confused, trying to narrow down where I should be looking. (I have the standard OnCreate(), OnUpdate(), OnRender() loop most people use I guess)

By default I'm doing the build and run on Firefox. (v7.0.1) I tested the built file in both Firefox and Chrome and the freeze happens in both. Tried v46 and v47.

Thanks.

Floyd(Posted 2011) [#2]
The explanation is here: http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/post.php?topic=824&post=6645

4mat(Posted 2011) [#3]
Ah, thanks.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2011) [#4]
I doubt that's the problem here - they shouldn't run at all if it is. The security fussiness would be completely useless if they did, because malware could do its dirty work before the first frame is shown.

If you have Windows 7 you could try testing with IE9 - that will run HTML5 locally (it warns you about blocked content, but you can still allow it to run).