Firefox still fails on SetColor() and DrawImage()?

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Firefox still fails on SetColor() and DrawImage()?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2011) [#1]
Even running as my default browser called by mserver, Firefox sometimes corrupts image files if SetColor() is used with any colour other than white. For example, the angelfont_example fails for all the yellow text below the first line of white text.

Is everyone else getting this?

Shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#2]
Yes, here on OSX I have tested it with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Safari sometimes runs it but the other 2 just hang up without error.
Setting the color to anything other than white will reproduce the error.

It took some time that I got aware that actually SetColor() was the bug and not anything of my code.

EDIT: Using mserver solves this problem. Hmm .. do we really need that small mserver window? All output info can also be viewed in the developer-console on most browsers so it's not really useful. Or atleast could it somehow close when you close the browser?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2011) [#3]
MServer doesn't work for me with Firefox. At least not if I set Firefox as the default and have mserver run the default browser. It fails on Angelfont_example as well as on my own code, though it works in a small example using SetColor().

Amnesia(Posted 2011) [#4]
Gerry, regarding the 'SetColor' bug, it's actually a permission-related thing. There are tight restrictions when accessing content from a web page. Cross-domain security is not a simple issue. Mark explains it here: http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/post.php?topic=824&post=6645

Long answer short: You need to host the files with a HTTP server (like mserver) so the browser can get the rights to handle the image. They also need to be on the same domain (you can achieve cross-domain access with a bit of server magic but that's another story and not needed for local testing in most scenarios).