embedding monkey app in wordpress post?

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/embedding monkey app in wordpress post?

charlie(Posted 2011) [#1]
Anyone know how to do this? I'm not having much luck...

Cheers
Charlie

Indiepath(Posted 2011) [#2]
Doesn't answer your question but I was under the impression (from Mark) that HTML5 (mojo) files should not be hosted anyhwere since they are still technically closed source.

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#3]
I'm fairly sure that's not true, Indiepath.

I've been trying for like the past hour to make an example post, using the PageView plugin, but my blog has just decided to go mad and break if I make a post more than 60 characters long.

So, install PageView, and then do something like

[pageview url="http://mysite.com/myapp/MonkeyGame.html"]

charlie(Posted 2011) [#4]
Thanks Warpy, that's exactly awesome!

Cheers
Charlie

Indiepath(Posted 2011) [#5]

Hi!

A few things:

1) Mind if I pinch your HTML5 touch/accel stuff?

2) Please hold off on hosting mojo files anywhere just yet - they're
still technically closed source.

Bye!
Mark

Seems true enough to me.

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#6]
I think that would only apply to the source files, not a compiled main.js. Anyone can see the compiled code just by viewing the source of an app page on this site.

charlie(Posted 2011) [#7]
@Warpy, That was my understanding. The fact that you can see complied code on this site by right clicking something in the app section would make it silly otherwise.

Cheers
Charlie

Indiepath(Posted 2011) [#8]
Sure, I was only hosting a compiled main.js - anyway I've asked for clarification as I thought maybe mark was holding off until he'd integrated some obfuscation engine.

JD0(Posted 2011) [#9]
I can't understand why we would have to wait for obfuscation.. obfuscating the code yourself is easy enough. Makes no sense.

Just run it through Google's closure compiler in advanced mode -- after fixing the few minor errors in the generated code that occur because the Char keyword is used as a variable name in a few places.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#10]
Un-obfuscating code is easy enough too...

JaviCervera(Posted 2011) [#11]
Also, one of the things you get when buying Monkey is the license to commercially distribute your creations, so it doesn't make sense not being allowed to host your HTML5 games.

Hotshot(Posted 2011) [#12]
I've got the same problem with tumblr.
By the way: has anyone tried to create a standalone application from the HTML code via Prism? http://prism.mozillalabs.com/

Sledge(Posted 2011) [#13]
I wound up inserting a Flash build into a Wordpress post via that iframe plug-in -- it just ended up being the easiest way (even easier than the actual Flash plug-ins!) and should work just as well for html5.

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#14]
Hi,

You can post html5 apps no problem.

All Mojo source is technically 'closed source', but html5 apps are no longer considered mojo source. And yes, you could 'reverse engineer' an html5 app, and would be free to do with the resultant source whatever the copyright holder allows you to do with it, but it would technically no longer be 'mojo source' at that point.

All I'm really trying to achieve here is to get people who use Mojo to buy it without having to resort to any DRM or 'time limited' demos or anything, and I think most people get it.

But I don't want people posting 'mojo source listings' as I want to keep a clear line between the free/open stuff (coming soon!) and Mojo. I may well end up relaxing this for the native side of things, as this is no doubt where the interesting tweaks will happen, and without the .monkey files these aren't much use anyway, but not yet.