Strange behaivor

Monkey Targets Forums/HTML5/Strange behaivor

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2011) [#1]
I have some code that show an image that follows the mouse and display text at the top with image xpos and ypos.

If i run it in Html5 is okay but i I change my code the new changes does not show when I run the program.

I tried to delete the html5 folder under build and compile again, but still show the old code.
I tried to exit Monkey and start it again but it still runs the old code.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#2]
I have 3 guesses:
1) Your old code is still active in the new code, maybe wrong flag logic if you have the old code still in it.
2) You have two Monkey IDE's running and keep compiling it with the IDE which has the old code still loaded, while you make the changes in the other IDE. Or maybe you use JungleIDE and it has some bug.
3) You use IE, and didn't enable the "always reload page" option, which is needed for all web sites. Try pressing F5 and also append a random string in the URL, like &r=2394892. This fixes a caching bug in proxy servers too, which don't refresh their page cache when a page has changed.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2011) [#3]
1) No
2) No only 1 IDE and its Monk on Mac
3) I use Safari, and CMD-R did help thanks

Canardian(Posted 2011) [#4]
You could look in your app's .build directory, I think on iOS the source file is called main.mm, if it has your old code in it.

skid(Posted 2011) [#5]
I also have problems with the jscript being cached in Chrome. Remembering to close the tab of the previous run seems to help, as does hitting the Refresh button after the game has loaded.

taumel(Posted 2011) [#6]
Also if you have an app in one tab window running only the content can be cached. You can get rid of it by adding some unique parameter value to the link, like ?a=1234, each time.