set game play resolution at start

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/set game play resolution at start

Raul(Posted 2013) [#1]
without using any externs how do you change correctly the resolution of the game in flash? I tried to modify the MonkeyGame.html but instead of drawing me all the stuff, it just expand my textures and i see the same area as on the default view.. :D

i tried to modify in .ac file too but the same result :|

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#2]
Have you changed both files to the resolution you require? To get a playing area of 1024x768 you would do.

In monkeygame.html
<embed src="MonkeyGame.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1024" height="768" wmode="direct">
Not forgetting that you would have to format the page correctly so you get the embedded swf in the right place.
And in monkeygame.ac
[SWF(width="1024",height="768")]

If you see any stretching are the graphics meant for use at those larger resolutions.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#3]
yes, both files have 1024 x 768. the game is starting in 1024 x 768 but it takes only a 640 x 480 image from my picture and stretch it up to 1024 x 768

Raul(Posted 2013) [#4]
anyone has any idea?

on html5 is working fine but cannot make it on Flash..

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#5]
you need to modify the "MonkeyGame.as" file(kind of what dawlane wrote) produced by monkey and then recompile the game so that it runs at the correct dimensions.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#6]
yeah, I did that but in my "build" folder. Now I modified the template and it is ok. I didn't understand the template had to be modified.

Thank you guys,

R.