I-Beam cursor problem.

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/I-Beam cursor problem.

CGV(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all, I bought Monkey a couple of weeks ago and finally got a chance to play with it this weekend but I ran into a a weird problem.

On all Diddy written games and also in warpy's monkeypuzzle example I get an I-Beam cursor on the flash window.

This has nothing to do with the regular pointer cursor because if I use Diddy's HideMouse method the pointer cursor does disappear but the I-Beam cursor remains.

It's as if Flash is interpreting the entire screen as a text input of some kind.

At first I thought it was a Diddy issue but then found warpy's example program also suffered from it. None of the other example apps in the bananas folder show it though.

I should mention I tried four different versions of the Flex SDK, two different versions of the Java JDK and three different version of Monkey and always got the same results.

Any ideas what could be causing it? It pretty much renders Monkey worthless for me as I specifically bought it for Flash development.

Thanks.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#2]
The print function outputs to a text layer on the game surface and that causes the cursor to become a text-cursor I-beam.

CGV(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks muddy_shoes, I wasted the whole weekend wrestling with this. I'm at least glad to learn I don't have to give up on Monkey.