flash stopped playing

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/flash stopped playing

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#1]
ive not used the flash for a while so i might have missed something i shudve upgraded but when i compile to flash now all i get is a blank screen.An earlier version Monkey44 works fine but when i try 50 or above all i get is a blank screen.It does create all the files correctly and in the correct folders.Is there something i need to change in a config file somewhere?

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
delete build folder ^_^
make sure setupdaterate is... set

do you have a small code example?

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#3]
yeah i tried that but all i get is a white blank screen.Its with any code even a simple hello world.Athough the files are created in the build/flash directory and i can click on it and play from there.It just doesnt show anything when i compile.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#4]
dave.h you are not alone. Same thing here.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#5]
earlier versions still work though.As i said before v44 still compiles them and shows the output just fine.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#6]
works here monkey 52e on firefox 9.0.1 running clock example.
does the mserver pop up?

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#7]
@ adamredwoods
sorry for the delay had a short holiday.Yes the mserver pops up then the blank white screeen.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#8]
ive just tried copying the config.wintt from ver44 which works fine over the the config.wintt in ver 56b and still the same.Im running it in chrome.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#9]
dave.h have you considered just using the debug player in the flex sdk? It's what I did in the end.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#10]
@dawlane
i wasnt aware of that thanks.Even so i cant help but think ive just either typed something wrong in the config.wintt or not downloaded something.