What's the SWF version of Monkey export?

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/What's the SWF version of Monkey export?

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#1]
Ok, I'm getting this off the MochiAds forum and another guy is explaining it to me there. Hard to interpret it because I'm not sure what he's talking about, but he thinks there's a bug in the way Monkey exports and wants to know which version of SWF Monkey uses, SWF13, SWF14 or SWF15? He wants to encapsulate with SWF13 so that it'll run in Flash 11, because whatever's happening now is causing an error when trying to run games.

I'll just cut and paste his response, it may help a bit if my interpretation of what he's said is wrong.

No this is not your player version, In fact I suspect that Monkey make a corrupted SWF that not fully respect the Adobe SWF format.

So when the mochi encapsulation code check for the SWF version against the current player version it simply fail because the SWF version is not encoded the right way.

In fact the question you must ask on the Monkey forum is: What is the real SWF version Monkey export (SWF13, SWF14 or SWF15)?

What I do (for Psychosanity) is encapsulate into and SWF13 so for Flash Player 11.0 and seem to work for now.

Beaker(Posted 2012) [#2]
Monkey doesn't make the swf, adobes mxmlc does the compiling.

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#3]
So is there a way I can change it to compile for Flash 11.0?

Soap(Posted 2012) [#4]
You can compile the .as file generated on your own.

Ex: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5975379/flashdevelop-and-flash-11-incubator/5977436#5977436

Beaker(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yes, FlashDevelop is great.

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#6]
One of the links on that list is broken. Also, as I don't know Actionscript or Flashplayer etc (which is sort of the point of using Monkey right, you don't need to know all these languages?), I don't even understand what that list is suggesting. Where does it explain how to compile the .as file?

skid(Posted 2012) [#7]
It's hard to understand what you are asking. Plenty of Monkey games use Mochi adverts. What exactly do you mean by causing an error? What error???

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#8]
Ah sorry, I'm kind of carrying on from the other thread. It seems that most people have no problems with Mochiads, but a small number of people seem to get quite a lot of problems. My Mochi game has been sitting there for 44 days now and I've had all sorts of issues.

Right now the problem is that the ads come up, but afterwards there's an 'error' saying that I need to download the latest version of Flash. I do that (and right-clicking on the screen shows that the update has been applied) but it continues to ask for the latest version and won't go any further. It's almost as if it's expecting flash player 11.2 when the latest version is only 11.1.

A few other people have had this same problem, and if you click the link to my game here, presumably you'll see the same message.

http://www.soccerstar.org.uk/survivors/MonkeyGame.swf

So I think the solution is to try to compile to Flash 11.0 so that it stops asking for the latest version. But I'm not sure how to compile to 11.0.

Difference(Posted 2012) [#9]
When I open your swf in Flash I get

Error: Error #1000: The system is out of memory.
at mochicrypt::Preloader/initHandler()
Error opening URL 'http://games.mochiads.com/c/p/the-survivors_v205252/2771dd6851f57b6a96aa4b30c51fcb5d6329b447.swf'

Surely this has nothing to do with Monkey ?

I Get the "Update Flash" message right away, nothing else.

Mac + Chrome

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#10]
The memory error is one I haven't seen. All I get is the 'Update Flash' and then nothing.

Soap(Posted 2012) [#11]
>Where does it explain how to compile the .as file?

Well, you wanted to compile for Flash 11 and that link gets you started - you can look further from there if you are capable of that. If you want a tutorial on how to compile .as files with FlashDevelop then there are plenty available just ask Google.

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#12]
Ok thanks, I'll look into it.

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#13]
Found an easier way to solve this. Just compile on a different PC. Everything worked first time on the other PC, just followed the instructions and that was that. So if anyone else is having problems with Mochi and they're following the instructions to the letter, my advice would be to try it on a different PC.

Soap(Posted 2012) [#14]
Or fix your first computer's configuration. :)

Farflame(Posted 2012) [#15]
There's probably a way, but I don't know anything about Actionscript or Flash really and I followed various bits of advice on here and other forums, and nothing seemed to be working. 44 days of being unable to compile - I'm happy to go for the simple solution and never knowing what was wrong :p

chrisc2977(Posted 2012) [#16]
I had exactly the same problem, solved it by installing an open source version of flex 4.5 found here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flex/files/2012/05/FlexLicense.swf?build=4.5.0.20967A&pkgtype=2

Confirmed working on Mochi.

Hope this helps!

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#17]
just to add some confusion, I tried the survivors game and advert with an old version of flash and everything worked well