V37 Building Flash funny error

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/V37 Building Flash funny error

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,

I've just updated from V32 to 37 and configured the config.winnt.txt file...

I have my java sdk and flex sdk at:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23
D:\flex_sdk_4.1

My flex/java settings in the config file are...

FLEX_PATH="D:\flex_sdk_4.1"
JDK_PATH="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23"

Now... I can compile but... i never get anything besides a white screen in the flash app. Build to HTML5 is fine, so i don't think is a problem in the code. I've even builded bundled demo apps and they work fine in HTML5, but in flash i just get this "empty" app... Any ideas?

Thanks!

skid(Posted 2011) [#2]
You don't mention deleting your app.build folder?

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#3]
Sorry, i missed that but yes... i did that too. I deleted the app.build folder

skid(Posted 2011) [#4]
And all the included samples do the same thing?

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#5]
Yes, no matter what program i build. They all "build fine" and i just get a blank flash app

therevills(Posted 2011) [#6]
What browser are you using? Is your Flash plug-in up to date? Do other Flash games work okay?

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#7]
Browser is Firefox 4. Flash plug-in is up to date. Yes, other flash games work okay :) I even ran some .swf i made when i had V32 and they ran ok.. Even the demos bundled in monkey do the same: just a blank screen.

skid(Posted 2011) [#8]
If you have some time it may be worth trying out the monkey versions in between v37 and v32 so we can pinpoint when the flash target became incompatible with your system.

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#9]
Well, i did started with V32 and surprisingly for me it has the same problem! This means something else broke besides monkey, but what could that be... how is it that i can compile (even if it's only a white screen)? :(

a1programmer(Posted 2011) [#10]
You could try the stand-alone Flash Player (http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html) now called "Projector" .

Once it's loaded, find the .swf, drag and drop it into Flash Player, and see what happens.

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#11]
That did the trick! Thank you very much. It seems that the broken thing was the flash player, but it's funny that the "update to latest" didn't fixed it. But just before i installed projector, everything got fine. Thanks :)

And thanks to skid and therevills for their time too :)

okee(Posted 2011) [#12]
I had a similar problem, had the latest flash installed but .swf files were associated with Flash 9 for some bizarre reason, once i changed the association all was well.

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#13]
Yes, now that you mention that... even tho i installed the "latest version of flash player" , the player always said "Flash player 9" in the titlebar... i assumed it was just a programmer's mistake or something... But i'm glad it's working well now :)