Help with Minimal-comps ?

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/Help with Minimal-comps ?

GW_(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm able to get minimal comps running inside a monkey program.
I've got the components to display, But I can't seem to find how to get it to respond to events.
For convenience I've zipped the program and source here
Perhaps someone could take a look.

GW_(Posted 2011) [#2]

Supertino(Posted 2011) [#3]
Oh thats nice, not looked at the zip _GW but be ace if we can get this into monkey - means I can dump BMAX when making tools.

GW_(Posted 2011) [#4]
Ya MC is crazy easy to use, but bet even after setting up the event listener it doesn't respond to the mouse. I'm not an experienced flashed dev, so Im not sure if the answer is simple or not.
Maybe monkey is hoarding all of the events not letting get through to MC.

The zip is just a sample project that loads a few controls and displays them.

JD0(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hi GW,

You will need to place the buttons on game.bitmap.stage

I noticed this when integrating a sponsor's api. The game sprite (MonkeyGame) is behind game.bitmap.stage and will not receive clicks.

So just change game to game.bitmap.stage in your actionscript, and it will work. Good find btw!

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#6]
The game sprite (MonkeyGame) is behind game.bitmap.stage and will not receive clicks.

Well, that's not true, because it receives clicks for me...
... until you do a Print... then the invisible full frame text field gets in the way of most things.

Of course, it's more useful having a Monkey click handler, than writing the stuff in as3 - otherwise, you may as well write it all in as3.

JD0(Posted 2011) [#7]
Things get drawn onto the game.bitmap.stage too so it will get in the way then also.

Never actually tried out the minimal comps (a flash exclusive gui to me seems kind of pointless with monkey). But when integrating the login api from an arcade site - even on an otherwise empty monkey flash project it would not receive touches using game as the stage.