Flash Player Error 2148

Monkey Targets Forums/Flash/Flash Player Error 2148

matty47(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,
just testing the various platforms and found that the flash output generates an Error #2148. This apparently is a security error that is generated when the player tries to access files outside the "sandbox" environment. I see that the flash (swf) file is generated in a subdir of the project folder. Perhaps you could add a line to the build file to add the required file to the trusted environment so that the file will run OK.
Thanks
Matthew

Well, maybe I was a bit previous. I went to the global settings panel and set the MonkeyPro folder as a trusted folder and now the player works OK.
Matthew

Raz(Posted 2011) [#2]
Just confirming I too am getting this.

Trying Hitoro - Rocket.

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi,

From "Getting Started:"

To allow local flash apps the ability to access local files (such as images and sounds) without causing a 'security exception', you will need to modify Flash's global security settings. This can be done with an online app, currently here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Apparently, building data into the app fixes this which I plan to do one day soon.

Raz(Posted 2011) [#4]
Oops, ok that fixed it for me.

Note to self, read everything.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2011) [#5]

building data into the app fixes this which I plan to do one day soon.

Woo -- been meaning to ask about that! A lot of Flash game sites require this. (Should be optional, though, as the current way could be very useful too.)

Wiering(Posted 2011) [#6]
I hope there will soon be a way to embed files into the code, like with IncBin.

JD0(Posted 2011) [#7]
No need for anything like IncBin, flash can do this easily.. just an embed tag before the images are loaded in the code.