Ted wont open in MacOS X 10.8.5

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Ted wont open in MacOS X 10.8.5

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#1]
As I said in the title, just downloaded Monkey 85e, and it won't open in MacOSX 10.8.5 - the error dump is posted below.

Is there anything I can do to get it running, besides upgrading? 79d is working fine here... and I don't think this old machine can handle "el captain", as it is slow as hell as it is right now :(

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
I had the same problem. I think I copied Ted from a version before that so it runs.

What is your old machine? I am running an 2008 Imac with 4gb ram. I couldn't upgrade to 10.10.x but I am running 10.11.1 just fine.

Pengwin(Posted 2015) [#3]
I also have the same problem. I'm running OS X 10.11.1. However, I don't normally use Ted (I just tested it in answer to this post).
Grab a copy of Jentos, it works fine.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#4]
@SLotman: Upgrade the memory to 4GB and there shouldn't be any problems running El Capitan. My mid-2007 iMac can just about handle it with 2GB. If you want to use the latest version of TED then I would suggest installing Qt 5.5 and rebuilding it. I'm sure Mark said somewhere that he was using Qt 5.5 for the Mac with v85+ as there is a problem with Qt4 on EL Capitan. If you are seeing an error for QtWebkit 4 with the later version of Monkey; then there is a problem and should be posted in the bugs section.

APC(Posted 2015) [#5]
It runs fine on my MAC Book Pro.

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#6]

It runs fine on my MAC Book Pro.
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan

Please read the whole thread ^_^

I know it runs on El Capitan. On earlier OSs that it doesn't.

@dawlene: I'll try to upgrade, but memory chips are not that cheap around here, and I'm really low on cash :/