Undecorated Window

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Undecorated Window

nigelibrown(Posted 2014) [#1]
I need to open a full screen undecorated window using gwfl but cannot see how to set the additional Widows related hints for the using this?

its something like glfwWindowHint(GLFW_DECORATED,0);

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
The Desktop target currently uses GLFW2 which doesnt support undecorated windows, GLFW3 does support undecorated windows:

http://www.glfw.org/docs/latest/news.html#news_30_undecorated

Samah has created a GLFW3 target:

http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8835

Samah(Posted 2014) [#3]
At the moment I'm working on getting the GLFW3 target compiling as 32-bit (I should be able to just use the prebuilt libraries). Once that's done I'll look at features.
The only thing that worries me about adding features is that it may require changes to Mojo. If I'm clever about it I might be able to do it all with a custom graphics driver class.
A simple implementation would be to add a variable in CONFIG.MONKEY to disable window borders. This would actually be REALLY easy.
Something like: GLFW_UNDECORATED_WINDOW=True

nigelibrown(Posted 2014) [#4]
thanks for the pointers, I will take a look at Samah's work to date.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#5]
The only thing that worries me about adding features is that it may require changes to Mojo. If I'm clever about it I might be able to do it all with a custom graphics driver class.
Samah, have you seen that in latest Monkey versions, you can provide your own target specific module changes in the module folder of the target itself? Look how Mark added programatic resolution change for GLFW2. It's a nice way to add target specific functionality avoiding any mojo change for all targets.

Samah(Posted 2014) [#6]
@ziggy: Samah, have you seen that in latest Monkey versions, you can provide your own target specific module changes in the module folder of the target itself?

No, I hadn't, actually. I'll take a look at that later. At the moment the only change I've made to official modules is to add TARGET="glfw3" preprocessor checks to the existing ones.

@nigelibrown: I need to open a full screen undecorated window using gwfl but cannot see how to set the additional Widows related hints for the using this?

It's done. Just set GLFW_WINDOW_BORDERLESS=True in your CONFIG.MONKEY when building for the GLFW3 target.