Inactive Window + Mouse Move = Render

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Inactive Window + Mouse Move = Render

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm creating a little shoot'em up game and am having a very strange issue with GLFW. When the window is inactive, the game will continue to render. In this case I moved the update of some of the objects into the render section and the effect can be viewed.

Is this normal behavior that I should expect?

Edit: Nevermind. This is definitely not normal behavior. It continues to add the milliseconds while not running OnUpdate which is causing things to get stuck. This is a bug from my point of view. Now if someone could confirm this bug.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
Wonder if it was introduced in v74a:
Tweaked html5/flash/windowed-xna targets so they get at least one 'OnRender' after being suspended, allowing you to set a flag in OnSuspend and render a 'paused' image in OnRender. See bouncyaliens...

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#3]
It messes up all of my timing code. I'm going to post this in the bugs section.

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#4]
This definitely seems to be a bug. However, what's with the updating within the 'OnRender' method? That's generally bad practice as far as I'm concerned, and that's probably why this didn't get found sooner. Either way, I'm surprised this is an issue.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#5]
No no no. What was happening is the little yellow guys have paths they follow. They were suddenly stopping while I had the screen inactive and my mouse was moving over it. So I moved the red bullets to update during on render which revealed that OnRender kept increasing the milliseconds while a mouse was moving over it.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#6]
EDIT: ok, i see the problem. overlapping windows work fine, and redraw the window without calling Render, but Render is called whenever there is a mouse update.