Ogg codec

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Ogg codec

Soap(Posted 2014) [#1]
We have had a report from a user that desktop windows build did not work until they installed ogg codecs. This seems really odd. Anyone know of what we would need to include to prevent problems like these?

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#2]
Did you test the application on a clean install of Windows? I rarely use ogg files and I think I did have to install oggVorbis the last time I did. There is always the chance the other users may have already had oggVorbis libraries installed by another program.

Soap(Posted 2014) [#3]
It seems to be a rare problem, but the person reported they installed a popular codec pack and it worked. Probably anyone who has a common codec pack wouldn't have this problem.

Have not tested clean Windows 7 install. Has anyone done so with a desktop build playing oggs?

If possible I'd like to find a solution so this is never any problem for anyone.

Citty(Posted 2014) [#4]
If you were trying to load a ogg file then you need a ogg codec. and then you have to enter your project.build folder and open the config file. then check if the ogg file is supported in the sound menu.