Apps wont run any more :(

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Apps wont run any more :(

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Not sure how long ago this started I have not tried building for windows for a while, but at the moment, my code builds, and then trans reports

"D:/Code/MonkeyPro74a/modules/mojo/app.monkey<49>
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'MonkeyGame', return code=-1"

Checking the build folder the exe is built, but when I try and run it , it simply opens and instantly closes, XNA wont build either but that just fails to even try and build giving an Error in monkey file , build failed message.

As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with my code, which builds for all the other targets, GLFW was working fine a number of versions ago when I last tried it, as was xna, not sure what might have changed.

and yes. I deleted the build folder :)

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Have you dele... ah yes you have. ;)

Well I have this as well from time to time. Hitting F5 several times (Jungle IDE) did help for me. lol Don't know what's wrong there. But in my case there were build errors so there wasn't an exe in the end even though the code was ok.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#3]
Can you compile the bananas/ samples in those targets alright?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
oddly enough just tried and yeah Marks bouncy aliens worked, what the hell i'm not getting any build errors. nothing else seems wrong with the code which compiles to everything else

GRR!">>

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#5]
try loading your project build into MS Studio, if you're not using mingw. it may give better warnings/errors.

also i noticed, that Mark will sometimes do something to the project source file template, and forget to set it back (ie, OSX minimum sometimes set to 10.8, which won't work on OSX 10.7).

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#6]
Also try some other versions of Monkey - I can confirm v73b compiles fine for those targets for me so maybe drap back for test purposes and see if that helps.

edit:
Ignore the above, you've said the samples compile fine for those targets.

Are you using diddy in this project?
Has v74 changed anything that might break on those targets?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yeah I'm using diddy but I doubt its that as im sure some one else would have come across this issue before me.

I think I might need to re-install VS Express.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#8]
Trying to build from VCE 2010 does the same thing, with the same error.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#9]
Oh my. I am such a dumbass..

I was trying to build with the config setup for android and admob. I flagged out the config for android and it worked..

gona have to do something like this in the future.

#IF TARGET="glfw"
  import windowconfig
#ELSEIF TARGET="android"
  import androidconfig
#END