GLFW on MacOS

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/GLFW on MacOS

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#1]
So... I just finished porting my "Escape from Alcatraz" to MacOS. Everything seems to be running OK, so I opened the project on XCode, compiled, changed all the settings I could find (icons, etc) - but there is one slight problem: I can't find the .app created!

I've looked into project/project.build/glfw/xcode/build/ - but the file isn't there! When compiling directly from Monkey, I can see the .app there, but compiling from XCode, I get nothing...

Can anyone shed some light? I'm lost...

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#2]
Just found out: I have to build to archive, then open "Organizer"(!!!), and click on "distribute", select "application" and then it asks where to save the .app

THANK YOU APPLE, for always making developers life sooooo easy!!! :P

Sensei(Posted 2013) [#3]
Nice tip Slotman. Definately something I'll be looking at later.

I managed to upgrade my late 2007 edition macbook to Lion 10.7.5 and installed Xcode 4.6.3 on it and am able to compile against iOS 6 and OS X 10.8. Happy days as it saves me from spending £500+ for more up to date hardware.

Corum(Posted 2013) [#4]
The previous generation of XCode (3.2) was actually easier and lightweight.
Honestly, I cannot understand why on earth I have to archive my project in order to have an executable, and even being forced to create it through another application called Organizer, doubling the needed steps and time on each session!
In my eyes it's simply crazy!

What's wrong if I have the project settings which permit to specify the target directories for debug and release builds, and simply fetch the desired executable from the related directory just after a successful build?

Cupertino's misteries...

Soap(Posted 2013) [#5]
>I cannot understand why

It is because of their focus on iOS.

Corum(Posted 2013) [#6]
It is because of their focus on iOS.

I agree. And I believe XCode has too much fuss to bear for targeting a niche gaming platform as OsX.
Going to focus on Windows and Linux for my future plans, trusting on Steam plans and hoping their effort will push Linux as the gaming platform of election for the future.

BigAnd(Posted 2013) [#7]
I found you get a .app only if you build and run it on an actual device rather than the simulator. It should stick it in something like a Products folder. You can copy it out of there and stick it in a Payload folder and compress that to make an .ipa.