GLFW won't work

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/GLFW won't work

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#1]
Problem solved with windows update updating Visual Studio Express 2012

I have seen lots of other posts on this subject and have done everything i can do including installing on 2 different Win7 64bit pc's but to no avail.

i am using build v66b

i have ensured the MSBUILD_PATH is correct.
i have installed Visual Studio and CreativeLabs OpenAL Windows Drivers

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

The above file exists at the filepath it's looking in...

arrrgggghhhh!

am i being stupid?

Build log attached.

"C:/Program Files (x86)/monkeys/MonkeyPro66b/MonkeyPro66b/bin/trans_winnt" -target=glfw -config=Release -run "C:/Users/jasonp/Desktop/monkeycode/pongojungle/pongojung.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.42
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.17929
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.17929]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 22/02/2013 14:18:24.
Project "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Release|win32".
Project "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\ C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Users\jasonp\Desktop\monkeycode\pongojungle\pongojung.build\glfw\vc2010\ C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:01.02
TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Release;Platform="win32" MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1
Done.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
this may help:
http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=2732

i guess a reinstall may help.

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#3]
yeah i saw that post.

i tried VCTargetsPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\ into environmental variables(forgot to mention that)
I have tried several different version of monkey.
i have tried re-install vs.
and i have tried it on 2 different systems.

i am at a loss...

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#4]
try using MingW?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#5]
my other thought is that you may need to open up the project under the monkey/targets/glfw/vc2010/ folder, and re-save it (make a backup first). sometimes that fixes strange issues.

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#6]
Thanks adam,i have tried that too,but to no avail.This is REALLY getting on my tits!!!

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#7]
do you know about MingW? it compiles just as fast, its just the open source C++ compiler
you just have to install it with the automated installer for windows and set the monkey config variable use_mingw=true

you might need to change a couple of windows environment variables

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#8]
i will give that a go,i wanted to use glfw for the debugger,i discovered monkey doesn't have an integrated debugger,i understand the reason now but didn't before i bought it!! Doh.

This debugger issue is a right arse,i probably wouldn't have bought monkey if i had known,i just want to mess around and don't really have the time or inclination to learn all the native code stuff!

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

there must be something fundamentally wrong because of the above message.the file IS where the compiler is looking for it,yet it reports that it is not there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Anyway.

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#9]
i had to specifically install VS C++ express

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#10]
...and last note is to make sure to delete the "yourmonkeygame.build" folder before attempting another compile (until you get things working).

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#11]
Thanks smilertoo windows reports that as correctly installed but i will try it again.

Adam i have been deleting .build folder.

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#12]
I think the latest 67f actually does have a debugger for the GLFW target

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#13]
that's why i wanted to get glfw working.

Ferdi(Posted 2013) [#14]
This is something to try. Look for the user TommiR and read his entry:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-HK/tfsbuild/thread/9055ca52-586b-459f-9dd1-a9d052d076b9

You need to set the VCTargetsPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\ in the environment variables of Windows 7.

You can get to it from Start Button -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced system settings (on the left panel) -> (window will pop up) "environment variables ..." button, just above ok cancel button.

I guess put it in the System variables? New -> Variable Name: which is VCTargetsPath and Variable Value the directory.

Anyway worth a try, good luck.

The debugger is working since Ted came around, I believe. I have use it quite a bit, very useful. It is definitely working on 66b. I am on 66b with Windows 7 64 bit. I have another machine which is on Windows 7 32 bit, I have installed VS2010 + 66b, I can compile GLFW just fine, but the debugger is not working there. Not sure why, I haven't figure it out, since I got it working on the 64 bit machine.

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#15]
i have done that Ferdi.

i have installed vs c++ as smilertoo suggested i am now getting a much longer compile message but now a linker error...

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

below is the whole log,as you can see it is compiling loads more than before.

"C:/Program Files (x86)/monkeys/MonkeyPro66b/MonkeyPro66b/bin/trans_winnt" -target=glfw -config=Debug -run "C:/Program Files (x86)/monkeys/MonkeyPro66b/MonkeyPro66b/bananas/mak/firepaint/firepaint.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.42
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.17929
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.17929]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 24/02/2013 10:58:12.
Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Debug|win32".
Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
PrepareForBuild:
Creating directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\".
InitializeBuildStatus:
Creating "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\MonkeyGame.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
ClCompile:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe /c /I"../bdwgc/libatomic_ops-1.2/src" /I../bdwgc/include /I../stb /I../openal/include /I../glfw/include /I../glfw/lib /I../glfw/lib/win32 /Zi /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _DEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _MBCS /Gm /EHa /MTd /GS /Gy- /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\\" /Fd"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue ..\glfw\lib\enable.c ..\glfw\lib\fullscreen.c ..\glfw\lib\glext.c ..\glfw\lib\image.c ..\glfw\lib\init.c ..\glfw\lib\input.c ..\glfw\lib\joystick.c ..\glfw\lib\stream.c ..\glfw\lib\tga.c ..\glfw\lib\thread.c ..\glfw\lib\time.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_dllmain.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_enable.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_fullscreen.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_glext.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_init.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_joystick.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_thread.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_time.c ..\glfw\lib\win32\win32_window.c ..\glfw\lib\window.c ..\stb\stb_image.c ..\stb\stb_vorbis.c /bigobj
stb_vorbis.c
stb_image.c
window.c
win32_window.c
win32_time.c
win32_thread.c
win32_joystick.c
win32_init.c
win32_glext.c
win32_fullscreen.c
win32_enable.c
win32_dllmain.c
time.c
thread.c
tga.c
stream.c
joystick.c
input.c
init.c
image.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
glext.c
fullscreen.c
enable.c
Generating Code...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe /c /I"../bdwgc/libatomic_ops-1.2/src" /I../bdwgc/include /I../stb /I../openal/include /I../glfw/include /I../glfw/lib /I../glfw/lib/win32 /Zi /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _DEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _MBCS /Gm /EHa /MTd /GS /Gy- /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\\" /Fd"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:queue ..\main.cpp /bigobj
main.cpp
ManifestResourceCompile:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\rc.exe /nologo /fo"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\MonkeyGame.exe.embed.manifest.res" "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\MonkeyGame_manifest.rc"
Link:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\Debug\MonkeyGame.exe" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:../openal/libs/Win32 opengl32.lib glu32.lib openal32.lib Ws2_32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\MonkeyGame.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /PDB:"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\Debug\MonkeyGame.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /TLBID:1 /ENTRY:"mainCRTStartup" /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\Debug\MonkeyGame.lib" /MACHINE:X86 "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\MonkeyGame.exe.embed.manifest.res"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\enable.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\fullscreen.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\glext.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\image.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\init.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\input.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\joystick.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\stream.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\tga.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\thread.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\time.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_dllmain.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_enable.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_fullscreen.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_glext.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_init.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_joystick.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_thread.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_time.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\win32_window.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\window.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\main.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\stb_image.obj"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\build\Debug\stb_vorbis.obj"
LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Program Files (x86)\monkeys\MonkeyPro66b\MonkeyPro66b\bananas\mak\firepaint\firepaint.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
(Link target) ->

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:17.37
TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug;Platform="win32" MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1
Done.

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#16]
After loads of jiggling i can get it to compile in release mode but then...

(null)
STOPPED
Monkey Runtime Error : Memory access violation

and sometimes the debug buttons become active.

i guess i am getting closer.

benmc(Posted 2013) [#17]
I am now, all-of-a-sudden, getting this exact same error. I can't even get GLFW to build with MinGW. This all started right after I tested v68b and then tried to go back to v66b. Wondering if v68b might have actually created some environment variables itself somewhere that are causing older version of Monkey to not be able to build. Very frustrating, I just got stopped dead in the water because I wanted to try v68b.

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#18]
Annoying isn't it!
I have given up using monkey until I reformat my laptop as I have tried all the suggestions that people have kindly offered apart from the support service that didnt even have the good manners to even acknowledge my email. I now regret spending the money on monkey!!!!!!!!!!!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#19]
i just did a clean install on a Win8 64 laptop and I was receiving the originally posted error.

I installed both vc++ express 2010 and vc# express 2010 to get it working.

this link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888391/link-fatal-error-lnk1123-failure-during-conversion-to-coff-file-invalid-or-c

says there is conflict with 2010 and 2012 versions of the vs express suites.

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#20]
Ahh interesting.I won't be near my laptop for 2 weeks but will try this as soon as I am.

Cheers

monkeybot(Posted 2013) [#21]
Problem solved with windows update updating Visual Studio Express 2012

Thanks for everyone's help.

Richard Betson(Posted 2013) [#22]
After loads of jiggling i can get it to compile in release mode but then...

(null)
STOPPED
Monkey Runtime Error : Memory access violation

and sometimes the debug buttons become active.

I'll try reinstalling vc++ express 2010. I'm getting the same error with Monkey 69.

- Rich -