Is there a way to detect the OS for the GLFW build

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Is there a way to detect the OS for the GLFW build

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'd like to know if it's running on Windows or Mac so I can choose a different path. Or is there an compile time variable I can check similar to the TARGET one? Thx.

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#2]
I think what you are looking for is the HOST preprocessor

http://blitz-wiki.appspot.com/Language_reference?format=mobile#preprocessor

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#3]
AWESOME! Thx man. Docs FTW hey?

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#4]
Does Monkey work on Linux? HOST doesn't have a Linux value so I'm guessing not. I don't use Linux at the moment but might in the future.

John McCubbin(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hehe no worries as for Linux I dont think monkey works on it out of the box, but I'm sure I saw someone running it on a raspberry PI which would be linux if it worked.

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#6]
Wow that's cool. Well I'll keep an eye on things and see it becomes available in the future.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#7]
Well technically you can although i haven't tried it yet. But with the functional Bmax target now, you can just take the output code and build it on BlitzMax Linux.

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#8]
Good point. I haven't tried the BMax target yet. I'm trying to get as much stuff working in Monkey as possible first.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#9]
I'm actually going to try building out my current monkey project on linux this weekend. I hear its a growing platform for gamers now :).

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#10]
Yep that's right and if you ever want to get in some kind of indie bundle, a linux build is required for some of them.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#11]
Alright i'm having a hell of a time getting BlitzMax to run on Linux Mint. Can't confirm if it'll work or not now :).

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#12]
bummer. Thanks for posting back.