Running from VS IDE via solution

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Running from VS IDE via solution

Dabz(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm trying to build and debug in visual studio C++ (Express 10), when I build from within Monk, its fine, but, as soon as I open the exported project solution file, and try to run, the frame from the window pops up, then disappears, and I'm left with this in the console:-

'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Dabz\My Documents\Blitz\Match3\Match3.build\glfw\vc2010\Debug\MonkeyGame.exe', Symbols loaded.
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\glu32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddraw.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\OpenAL32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciContextHook_DSR.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.6028_x-ww_61e65202\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll'
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctfime.ime', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_e6967989\msvcr80.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imagehlp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcd32.dll'
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv'
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msacm32.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msacm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\midimap.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrap_oal.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsound.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comres.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksuser.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x700) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1254) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1378) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x7f4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'MonkeyGame.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrap_oal.dll'
'MonkeyGame.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrap_oal.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
First-chance exception at 0x7c812afb in MonkeyGame.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: char at memory location 0x0012eea0..
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x3cc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xd64) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'MonkeyGame.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrap_oal.dll'
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x176c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1098) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[356] MonkeyGame.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Any ideas?

Dabz

Dabz(Posted 2011) [#2]
Guess not! :D

Oh well, I havent managed to figure it out... Never mind!

Dabz

TheRedFox(Posted 2011) [#3]
Same problem here.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2011) [#4]
I want to do the same thing with Flash - apparently Monkey deletes some data directory when the build is complete.

It would be nice to be able to generate a compilable target on all platforms that could be modified outside of Monkey.

TheRedFox(Posted 2011) [#5]
There is something happening with a manifest creation as it seems.
But one can attach to a running process with VS C++ 2010, so I do the run in Monk or JungleIDE and then attach to the process afterwards. It works.

Just make sure to enable advanced debug options if you use VS C++ 2010 Express.

But this is for sure a pain. MSBuild is what is used but I do not have a clue on how this works. VS is really going downhill on C code these days...

MinGW + Code::Blocks + GLFW may be a better toolchain... I'll investigate if I find the time.