Build not working

Monkey Targets Forums/Desktop/Build not working

nrasool(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi there

Does anyone know how to resolve the following, I'm trying to compile GLFW, but I get the following error. I have installed Visual C# 2010 and also .net 4 framework.

Please could someone take a look at the error and give some insight.

Translating monkenstein
F:/MonkeyPro/bin/trans_winnt -target=glfw -run F:/MonkeyPro/bananas/skn3/monkenstein/monkenstein.monkey

TRANS monkey compiler V1.08
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 4.0.30319.1
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.225]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 13/04/2011 22:30:44.
Project "F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Debug|MCD" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration. [F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln]
Done Building Project "F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
(ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->
F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Debug|MCD" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration. [F:\MonkeyPro\bananas\skn3\monkenstein\monkenstein.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:01.47
TRANS Failed to execute 'c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1

Process Complete

Kind Regards

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hi,

> I have installed Visual C# 2010

You need Visual C++ for GLFW.

nrasool(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi Mark,

Good to hear from you, I have also got that installed as well, Visual C++ 2010 Express, but I get the same error. I wonder if it because I have both c# and c++ 2010 installed

Kind Regards

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hi,

Think I've found it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brandonwerner/archive/2010/03/14/the-nasty-visual-studio-platform-mcd-error-in-visual-studio-2010-rc.aspx

I'll fix this in trans, but for now have a look for a env var called 'Platform' set to 'MCD' and DELETE it!

nrasool(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hi Mark,

I tried to do that, but it still the same. I get the same error

Kind Regards

nrasool(Posted 2011) [#6]
Hi Mark,

Just to say I have updated to v38 and it now works. Thanks

Kind Regards