Audio not in sync on Android

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Audio not in sync on Android

semar(Posted March) [#1]
All,
I have developed a simple drum sequencer, it works fine in a browser, but on my android smartphone not all the drumsounds are played on the beat.

Is there any command I should use in order to get the sounds on sync ?

I' ve tryed several values for the command SetUpdateRate which I call once in the OnCreate method.

I check with millisecs() if it's time to play a drum sound, which I play with Playsound.
At the moment there are 5 .wav soundfiles. These are loaded once in the OnCreate method. I use a different channel for each drum sound.

Any hint/tip/trick in order to get the sound synced ? I'm using mojo and MonkeyX 85e

Thanks in advance,
Sergio

Soap(Posted March) [#2]
Unfortunately audio playable latency timing on Android is a real issue not unique to Monkey, and device specific meaning some devices have it worse.

semar(Posted March) [#3]
Thank you Soap.
Do you know if it is a Problem with reproducing Audio or is a Timing issue with Millisecs() ?

I wonder if using the Java Timer class would solve the Problem. But if the latency affects any Audio reprodution, then the only cure wuld be a new operative System.

My jurassic Samsung Galaxy GT-I9000 runs on Gingerbread 2.3.3. The latest Android Version seems to be the 7.0 called "Nougat". Obviously it can't be installed on my old dino-smartphone.

I've read that after the release of the Version 5 "Lollipop", a nasty audio latency issue was adressed and maybe solved. I don't know the performance of a brand new Android device running on "Nougat" , hence I can't be sure if my App would work fine on the latest Android O.S.

Do someone of you owning a relative new Android device with at least the Version 5 Lollipop, could confirm that the Audio reproducing latency issue has been solved ?

Thanks for your attention,
Sergio