Device Compatibility in the Google Play store

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Device Compatibility in the Google Play store

Angus(Posted 2017) [#1]
I've recently published a small game to the Play Store for a small fee. I'm sort of coy about advertising the fact, as it's a bit of an experiment and I feel the game may need a cosmetic update before it's attractive enough (A dark storm cloud scrolling background at least). I felt ok about putting it up, though, as the gameplay and all other elements are there.

Anyway, I think I've done all the steps right in uploading it, and it's been accepted by the store and is active. When I visit the listing on my Ubuntu desktop, however, I'm told that the app is not compatible with any of my devices. Even though when I visit the listing entry on my phone (one of those devices listed) it sees that the app is already installed.

Have I made some error in my creation of the signed app? I removed all the permission request lines from the template of the android manifest, and changed the name of the final signed apk from "monkeygame..." to my own game name. These were the only two things that I did unadvisedly, I think. Are these causing the problem?

I have used the feedback form on the Developer console and requested a response, but is it an obvious mistake I've made?

Here is the link to the google play listing. Could anyone with a fairly normal device confirm that theirs, too is incompatible?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lightning.air.hockey

Re-reading this, I see it's a jumble of questions. Really, I guess I'm wondering if this is a well-known problem. Any advice appreciated :)

abakobo(Posted 2017) [#2]
Had no problems buying and installing the app on an Android 5 phone..
Must find a partner now!

CGV(Posted 2017) [#3]
It's telling me the app is compatible with all my devices. So everything seems good.

Angus(Posted 2017) [#4]
Well, thank you very much for checking and buying! Some small updates will be incoming, but nothing too major. Hope you enjoy.