android sdk which to install?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/android sdk which to install?

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#1]
which version am i supposed to install to get it working, i only have the default 7.1 installed
i keep getting this error
\Program Files\tools_r25.2.3-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:538: Unable to resolve project target 'android-19' thanks

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#2]
Are u using Android Studio? If so use the Android SDK manager tool to install 19 (aka Kit Kat 4.4).

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#3]
no not studio but i know how to open it. thanks!

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#4]
now this
BUILD FAILED
E:\Program Files\tools_r25.2.3-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:888: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\Program Files\tools_r25.2.3-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:890: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\Program Files\tools_r25.2.3-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:902: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\Program Files\tools_r25.2.3-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:283: null returned: 1

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#5]
Hellllppppp....

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#6]
Do you have the NDK installed and referenced in your Monkey config?

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#7]
yes i do...any suggestions or should i unistall it ?

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#8]
so i repointed the java jdk to a newer version i installed on a different drive, it builds and i get a folder with all the stuff in it but i dont get an apk. this is what it says

install:
[echo] Installing D:\monkey programming\practice\pong\pong.buildv85e\android_new\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...
[exec] adb: error: connect failed: no devices/emulators found

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#9]
Okay, now ya need to configure your device and adb so they can talk and install the apk.

https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html

You might also need a USB driver for Windows.

You should see your device if you enter the following:
adb devices

If you can then Monkey should work it's magic.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2016) [#10]
You should get the Android emulator as well. Even if it runs slowly, you can see what your stuff looks like on a variety of screen sizes etc.

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#11]
ty guys!