Android Studio target

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android Studio target

secondgear(Posted 2016) [#1]
How difficult would it be to create an Android Studio target? Eclipse+ADT is quickly getting forgotten by the industry. Major SDKs are now released in aar format instead of jar. Their documentation doesn't even mention Eclipse anymore.

Question for those who created custom targets in the past (and Mark if he is not too busy with Monkey 2): will this target require customizing and recompiling trans?

Shockblast(Posted 2016) [#2]
Bump, did anyone manage to build an Android Studio target for Monkey?

CopperCircle(Posted 2016) [#3]
Monkey Android projects open fine in Android Studio? you just build with Monkey and then Import the project into Android Studio, you can then build/run it from there.

Shockblast(Posted 2016) [#4]
I haven't been able to build/run it using Android Studio. I do have to say I am coming from Eclipse+ADT in terms of Android programming, it lets me start it by launching MonkeyGame.java in the src folder. Android Studio does seem to work differently and they use a Gradle based project now!?

I guess I have to get used to it then if you are able to build/launch it from Android Studio. Thanks for letting me know :)

Shockblast(Posted 2016) [#5]
I got it working :) I needed to open the Monkey build project using Android Studio and manually locate the src/bin/gen etc. files by configuring the Module settings. When Android Studio knows where everything is located, it can properly build and run the app.

CopperCircle(Posted 2016) [#6]
Hi, I normally just select Import Eclipse Project in Android Studio and then point it to the Monkey build folder and its done ready to go...