Where are my data file after installation

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Where are my data file after installation

hub(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi.
When i install my apk on my mk808 android, next i don't find my previous data files : (jpg and txt).

Previous files before compilation on windows 7 here :

borne_ehpad.buildv84e\android_new\assets\monkey
diap1.jpg
diap2.jpg
My_data_text.txt

I've root access on android and i don't find them

So i suppose there are packed so i can't see them ?
nothing into my com.ehpad folder on android or all the other folders ! Search on 'jpg' : nothing !

i want edit the My_data_text.txt file and put other jpg files after install (my project is a slideshow). i've an sd card on my android system.
could i create a folder, 'my_data' on the sd card, next just put my files and just load and read them as external data from my appli ? What should be an example path (i'm an android newbie).

thanks.
sorry very newbie with this os..

hub(Posted 2015) [#2]
seems to be not possible to change the path to access files outside the MyAppli.data folder !?!

hub(Posted 2015) [#3]
perhaps use monkey://external/ to access to my sd card ?

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#4]
I'm not really sure, but if you use Android 4.x it shouldn't be possible to write new folders on the sd without root. I tried to, but it was only possible to write some pics into the already existing DCIM folder.

hub(Posted 2015) [#5]
All my problems are fixed now. My error was to consider that MyAppli.data files are outside the apk file.

After some android tutorials...

i put my external files here : /storage/emulated/0/data/MyFolder and
next just use monkey:://external/data/MyFolder

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#6]

All my problems are fixed now. My error was to consider that MyAppli.data files are outside the apk file.

After some android tutorials...

i put my external files here : /storage/emulated/0/data/MyFolder and
next just use monkey:://external/data/MyFolder

interesting ;)

[EDIT]

I'm not really sure, but if you use Android 4.x it shouldn't be possible to write new folders on the sd without root. I tried to, but it was only possible to write some pics into the already existing DCIM folder.

Can you 'import' files into an application ?