update data after installation without root access

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/update data after installation without root access

hub(Posted 2015) [#1]
hi !
- My project is a slideshow with images and some texts. Images and texts are inside MyAppli.data folder. The program read the texts from ini files.

- I've connected a MK808 mini pc to my hdmi Tv. I've a cordless keyboard connected to the key via usb. I download my monkey finished apk file from my site. Next i install it on android 4.

my problem : i've not 'root access' to the mk808 dongle, so i can't access to the app folder to edit my ini file.

I've you an idea how i can update the ini file, put images inside the app folder ? (without re-install my appli).

Thanks !

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#2]
that's not gonna happen. Instead, you should probably store your ini file in monkey's /internal/ folder, or use SaveState/LoadState. There are security permissions, as far as I know, which make it difficult if not impossible to do what you're asking...

hub(Posted 2015) [#3]
i've now the root access. But... Where are my monkey data files ?

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#4]
http://www.monkey-x.com/docs/html/Programming_Resource%20paths.html

hub(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks Mike.

i'm newbie with android system
In fact i can't find my appli folder when i install directly the apk file on my Mk808 android key. What's the default monkey name ? i need to find my jpg and text files !
Now i know that i've a root access. But i'm searching again !

hub(Posted 2015) [#6]
All my problems are fixed now. After some android tutorials !. MyFolder.data is packed inside the apk file. That's why i can see the files...

with root access i put my external files inside my own folder here : /storage/emulated/0/data/MyFolder
next just use monkey:://external/data/MyFolder

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#7]
Glad you found it. I think it is mandatory to study the native development documentation when you go mobile. Monkey and its docs can get you only so far. It can't cover everything.