How to obtain only the apk file

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/How to obtain only the apk file

hub(Posted 2015) [#1]

What's wrong ? Monkey stop at this step. So I search the apk file 'MonkeyGame-debug.apk' into the android_ouya folder. next i copy the file to the Ouya console and Install it. Work fine.

Is there a method to obtain directly a 'finished' apk file and not the MonkeyGame-debug.apk ? (i'm in release mode).

Note : Virtual device exist launched via adv manager

Many thanks !

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#2]
Actually the MonkeyGame-debug.apk IS the released apk. It just has this name. Rename it to whatever you like. :) Installing via Monkey on the emulator works for me.

hub(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks. So the 'Installing C:\Users\Hubert Portable\Documents\MonkeyXPro84d\bananas\impixi\life\life.buildv84d\android_ouya\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...' is the final log message !

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#4]
Yes, I have that with my real device. Must be some kind of driver issues with the adb. Never got this resolved actually. Works for me with the emulator but not with the real device. But I just copy the apk to the device anyway and install it from there.

Hezkore(Posted 2015) [#5]
Have you installed the Google USB driver for your device? (android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver)
I'm not sure if the Ouya need it, but none of my Android devices works without it, and the Nexus 10 very often needs a restart before working.