what is api 10 and api 3

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/what is api 10 and api 3

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#1]
on ver.77 my android build worked but with the new update it doesnt build.
now i have option api 10, api 3, and ouya.

heres my error message

BUILD FAILED
C:\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre8"

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#2]
You have it set to the java run time not the JDK which is usually C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02 or similar

downloading the JDK and reinstalling would probably set it for you
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

abakobo(Posted 2015) [#3]
API 10 is actualy API 19 in the android SDK manager wich is for android 4.4.2 or above
API 3 is actualy API 13 in the android SDK manager for anrdoid 3.2 or above
OUYA is API 16 in the SDK manager
I never knew/understood why 10is19 and 3is10... it disturbed me at the beggining.

your error comes from the fact ANT can't find your java compiler. It's not a problem that the correct sdk is not found in android sdk(API's). it can be for several reasons: somtimes spaces creates problem because some command lines are used in backround. Or your new version of monkey needs a newer version of the compiler? Your config file must be set correctly: folow this if not read already and remember everything works better without spaces in your directory names. http://www.monkey-x.com/docs/html/Target%20SDKs_The%20Android%20target.html. Of course it's always better to have JAVA_HOME set correctly (search for environement variables in google if you don't know how to set it, in the ant install method they require you to manualy set some of these variables http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html ).

grtz

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#4]
thanks guys i will repost as soon as i can!!

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#5]
k so deleted android sdk and i read there are easier ways to install targets buy installing jungle and i also installed android studio which reinstalled android sdk. when i tried to compile and android target i get this message now

error message:
D:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file

so am i at a good place now or should i do the whole thing over, also are api 3 and 10 the only apis that should be installed

edit: i think i need to start over with a step by step guide, can someone point me there pls thanks!

abakobo(Posted 2015) [#6]
Looks like it's trying to run command line with a space in dir name... Don't install in default dirs. Because There is a space in "D:\Program Files". Choose install directories like "D:\SDKs/javaJDK" and "D:\SDKs/Android_SDK"...

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#7]
ok i think im getting there, i deleted everything and download mxdevinstall to install everything for me still 1 problem

error messgae
BUILD FAILED
C:\devtools\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:542: Unable to resolve project target 'android-19'

all variables are pointing to the right place

Volker(Posted 2015) [#8]
Start the sdk-manager from the android sdk, check "Android SDK Build Tools 19.1" and install them.

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#9]
thanks been trying that for an hour now, keeps giving me a failed to install warning....just doesnt want to work for me?????

sometimes i really hate pcs

i get this

-= warning! =- A folder failed to be renamed or moved. On Windows this typically means that a program Is using that Folder (for example Windows Explorer or your anti-virus software.) Please momentarily deactivate your anti-virus software. Please also close any running programs that may be accessing the directory 'D:\Install\Programming\android-sdk-working-dir\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\too!s'. When ready, press YES to try again.

and this

Failed to rename directory D:\Install\Programming\android-sdk-working-dir\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools to D:\Install\Programming\android-sdk-working-dir\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\temp\ToolPackage.old01.

theres just no simple way to get this crap on....>:(

Volker(Posted 2015) [#10]
I know, that's terrible stuff.
First, try to run sdk-manager as admin.
If that fails, look here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8839255/failed-to-rename-directory-tools-to-temp-toolpackage-old01-in-c-android-sdk-win/17399454#17399454

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#11]
weird after my last post i ran it and it stopped 1/3 of the way but got there pretty fast and gave me the same error, i then hit the abort button and it started up again only its at a snails pace now. its literally has been downloading for 4 hours and is still going...well better than nothing. i guess this thing works on luck lol. anyway its still downloading so i'll report back. thanks gents.

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#12]
well after 4.5 hours of downloading it seemed to have downloaded everything and i still get a build error. im ready to pull my hair out now.

abakobo(Posted 2015) [#13]
my step by step install...

0- uninstall everything...

1- install lastest monkey-x to "C:\MonkeyxPro83a"

2- install android studio in "C:\sdks\android_studio"

3- install java jdk in "C:\sdks\jdk1.8.0_31x64" (notice I use the 64bit version on my 64bit windows though it's advised to use 32 bit version but it works so i don't change anything)

4- install ant in "C:\sdks\apache-ant-1.9.4"
4.1- modify/create environement variables according to ant manual http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html (see install section)

5- edit config.winnt.txt in "C:\MonkeyxPro83a\bin" directory
ANT_PATH="C:\sdks\apache-ant-1.9.4"
JDK_PATH="C:\sdks\jdk1.8.0_31x64"
ANDROID_PATH="C:\sdks\android_studio\sdk" (points where AVD and SDK Manager.exe are)

6- Run Android "SDK Manager.exe" and install default stuffs and API13 and API19 (and API 16 for ouya)

7-Install the windows drivers for your android dev functions to work and be able to install directly you apps to you android device. http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html

run TED,plug your android to your computer, run a working app, ENJOY?

It should work now

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#14]
message everything seemed to install fine
why can i only run adroid sdk once. it moves all files except lib folder

new error

BUILD FAILED
D:\sdks\android_studio\tools\ant\build.xml:396: Problem: failed to create task or type checkenv
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

and now
type app not found

Volker(Posted 2015) [#15]
"type app not found"
Try to compile one of the bananas in Monkey/bananas.
Do they work?

This may help:
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=5447

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#16]
it compiles fine in html5 but when i go android i get this

D:\SDKs\android_studio\tools\ant\build.xml:396: Problem: failed to create task or type checkenv
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

it doesnt say type not found anymore....wow this thing is really effing with me

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#17]
can someone tell me if everything is correct in my winn.txt i have android, java8 64 bit, and ant on my d/SDKs folder
what am i supposed to point system variable "path" to?

abakobo(Posted 2015) [#18]
Are you sure all the directory names are the good ones? The x64 at the end of the jdk dir is not there by default. I remember i added it on install..
Have you set up ant's environnement variables?

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#19]
yes im doing it all over again right now.
i have a question, api13 is not available in android sdk anymore, it was before, now every time i install sdk its nowhere to be found
also question about "system environment variables "[path] where should that point to?

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#20]
just figured out api 13, 3.2 is obsolete no longer supported and can be accessed by clicking the obsolete box...

abakobo(Posted 2015) [#21]
ant's "bin" directory as PATH
JDK's directory as JAVA_HOME environement variable
ant's main dir as ANT_HOME env. variable

check google if you don't know how to set path and env. variables it's pretty easy (control panel>system>advanced>env. variables. If i remeber correctly)

PATH is a env. var that is always "available" whathever your command line is run from.

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#22]
Thanks everything seems to be in the right place but keep getting errors from post 16 but i dont think ill be on for a bit either my mobo or psu just crapped the bed last night