Compile directly to device

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Compile directly to device

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#1]
Just wondering how to do this.

I got a new laptop a while back, so had to reinstall everything - Monkey, Jungle, Ant, Apache & JDK. I'd never tried compiling directly to the device, but it was plugged into the laptop at the time and to my surprise when I compiled up it popped on my Samsung Tablet.

Anyway, I've just installed the latest versions of everything on my desktop, and I can't get it to compile directly to the tablet. I can of course manually copy the APK file over, but then I get whinging from the device about Monkey Game already existing etc.

Any ideas where I should be looking? The last line I get from the console when compiling is this:

Installing C:\MonkeyXPro79e\MonkeyXPro79e\Games\keyboard\keyboardtest.buildv79e\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

It will just sit there forever and only send a kill signal when I try to re-compile.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#2]
Be sure to install the device drivers. If the manufacturer drivers do not work, you can instlal the generic USB ones from the Android tools. Also, be sure to enable development tools on the divece itself.

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks ziggy.

Yeah I have development tools enabled, it works when connected to the laptop. I do recall having issues with my Samsung phone on the desktop. Perhaps it doesn't like the particular USB I'm using, so I'll try a couple of others maybe. It's just more of an annoyance than anything.

I'm guessing by "generic USB" you mean the Google Driver that is installed as a part of the Android SDK? If that's the case, yes that is installed. I didn't install any manufacturer drivers on the laptop to get it to work, although the laptop is Win 8.1 and I'm using Win 7 on the desktop.

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#4]
No luck on the desktop PC - no biggie though, I use the laptop more for coding.

Just compiled something and noticed in the output console (using JungleIDE) that after the programs starts running after being compiled and transferred onto my device this error message over and over and over:

E/ActivityThread( 380): Failed to find provider info for com.android.settings.FilterProvider

??? Any ideas what this means. The program runs as expected without errors.