release APK is not created and warnings

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/release APK is not created and warnings

Artem Kuchin(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello

Two more questions came up:

1) While building for android i see warnings

[javac] warning: [options] source value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
[javac] warning: [options] target value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release

And as i read about it in JDK 1.9 targets 1.5 and below will be removed. How to set higher target? Where?

2) I choose ANDROID target and RELEASE
however i still get -debug.apk
and no .apk file without debug info
Do i miss something?

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#2]
1) open the file targets/android/template/templates/AndroidManifest.xml and look for this line:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" android:targetSdkVersion="19" />

The minSdkVersion is what you're looking for. I always set it to SDK version 8 which is Android 2.2.

2) No, that's just right. Don't get confused, it IS the release build.

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#3]
As Xaron said the *-debug.apk is the release version (make sure you choose release when building ofc), just rename it to what ever you need.

Artem Kuchin(Posted 2014) [#4]
hmm. release build called *-debug.apk ?

Oh well, the world is a wonderful place.

By the way what is *.ap_ file ?

About 1.5 warning:

Here is my Manifest
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" android:targetSdkVersion="14" />
And i still get
-compile:
[javac] Compiling 3 source files to C:\dev\monkey\AK\AK.test\test1.build\android\bin\classes
[javac] warning: [options] source value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
[javac] warning: [options] target value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
[javac] warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
[javac] Note: C:\dev\monkey\AK\AK.test\test1.build\android\src\com\monkeycoder\monkeygame\MonkeyGame.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 3 warnings

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#5]
Regarding those warnings, just forget them. Any chance you have that SDK version 3 still installed? Try to remove it then via the SDK manager. I've never got those warnings, strange. Have you deleted the .build directory?

The -debug.apk thing is confusing I agree. Once you know it, you can live with it. ;) Maybe we should raise a bug in the appropriate forum.