Couldn't install to device

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Couldn't install to device

Xyle(Posted 2014) [#1]
Well after trying every emulator out there to help with testing devices, none really giving me what I was looking for, I did manage to screw up the connection to my actual device.

When I plugged my phone in by usb, the pc recognized the device but when I clicked compile, the IDE would hang at installing. I haven't had any issues like this before until I tried installing all the different emulation options.

I ended up uninstalling, kies, all phone drivers, genymotion, virtual box, bluestack along with other programs I no longer used, restarted pc, installed phone drivers, plugged phone in, pc recognized it, restarted IDE, clicked compile, still no luck.

Found this site which shows how to setup your phone device for testing...
http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/android/usbdebug/

The part that helped me was using the USBTool to install Android specific drivers for the phone. Once I did this, I typed adb devices in the command and nothing showed up. Killed the adb server, restarted it, typed adb devices again and now my device showed up.

The funny question is, if I would have killed the adb server and restarted it before uninstalling everything, would that have fixed my phone connection? Probably, but the main thing is that the phone is working again!

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else runs into anything like this!

Of course still trying to figure out a good emulator option too!

:)

paulscottrobson(Posted 2014) [#2]
Just an additional note to this ; sometimes odd devices (I have a Cube U30GT2 which was purchased from China) do not show up and you have to put the device ID (in my case 0x2207) into adb_usb.ini. Tablets you buy off eBay et al are particularly fussy in this respect.

Xyle(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for the info,

The usbdebug tool from above prompts to add the device to the adb_usb.ini. A file I didnt know existed until I had this problem.

degac(Posted 2014) [#4]
I'm downloading this in this moment http://www.andyroid.net/
I would like to see if it's a good (or not) emulator.