Android compiles but doesn't send to emulator

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android compiles but doesn't send to emulator

sloankelly(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi all,
Having an issue with Android development. I have all the settings set in the winnt config file, the latest and greatest ADK & I have an emulated device that is running.

I compile & build the game and all goes well until...

install:
     [echo] Installing E:\Data\.....FirstGame\firstgame.buildv77f\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

Nothing. It just sits there. What am I doing wrong..? -- SNIP --

Issue with the CONFIG.MONKEY file, read post below.

sloankelly(Posted 2014) [#2]
Well... Can't get it connected to the emulator. In frustration I fired up my Nexus and it worked just fine. Just had to turn on some developer options (allow USB debug) and I was debugging like a champ. Much faster than the emulator too.

sloankelly(Posted 2014) [#3]
Figured it out!

To get it working with the emulator:

1. Open up the AVD Manager in the Android SDK folder and take a note of your default android device name (mine is GalaxyNexusPhone)
2. Go to the build folder for your project's Android target and open the CONFIG.MONKEY file. Mine is in E:\FirstGame\firstgame.buildv77f\android
3, Open the CONFIG.MONKEY file you find in there
4. Locate the line that starts with: #ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE1 and change the text in the quotes to the name of your AVD (e.g. GalaxyNexusPhone)
5. Save the file.

You're done! Sort of... I had to close Monkey (TED) and re-open it for the changes to take effect.

Xyle(Posted 2014) [#4]
Hmmm,
Tried this suggestion but still hangs on the [echo] Installing.... line.

Game runs great on my real GalaxyS3, just wanted to see what it looks like in the emulated devices.

Anyone have a tips for this? I realize the emulator is very slow, but I am just looking to see what the game initially looks like in different devices.

Thanks for any help!

Xyle(Posted 2014) [#5]
Ok,
I had to open avd manager from the android sdk, get a device setup and started using the start button.

Once the device is started I can compile and push it to the device, but I get an
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No config chosen error.

I will run around and research this one.