How do game updates work? IAP's questions

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/How do game updates work? IAP's questions

Arabia(Posted 2013) [#1]
I want to get my game up on Android ASAP, it's not that it's not a finished product, but I do want to add stuff in the future such as IAP's and new content. So how does it work?

Can I force users to update to the latest version upon starting?

My guess is that when a new version is installed it simply over writes the files and leaves other files (such as text files which hold what level the players is to etc.) alone if they aren't included in the distribution package - is that correct?

I also want players to be able to buy more content it two ways - either by playing the game and getting credit for completing levels/tasks/missions or by purchasing credit via IAP's which will be added in coming weeks after releasing and seeing it it's viable to add this.

How do you go about storing IAP's? I'd be guessing you create a file which stores how much credit the player has (from either in game tasks or purchases), but it needs to be secure enough that people aren't able to simply alter this file to say they have more credit than they have gained/purchased - i.e. a text file is completely insecure for this.

Any ideas?

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#2]
I don't think you're allowed to force the user to do anything, only suggest.

dragon(Posted 2013) [#3]
you can load such info from internet.
most player have internet-connection.
once this info is loaded, you can save this state and now always relink to market for update.
you should have this feature from start and add version-check or so...