How to deploy compiled app to your device

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/How to deploy compiled app to your device

KawaCoder(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi folks,

Long time no see here. Been away for some time. Now I am back.

Tried to test my Android device to see if it works. I read the old thread (abt 4 mos ago) http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=5711#66312

but couldn't find a solution for the issue I got:

install:
[echo] Installing D:\My Study\Monkey Game Dev\Tutorials\bananas\impixi\life\life.build\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

Nothing happens.

I hooked up my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to my computer via Samsung Kies software.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Geo

Loofadawg(Posted 2013) [#2]
Do you have debug under settings on your Android device on?

Loofadawg(Posted 2013) [#3]
Also I don't have Kies installed for my Samsung phone on my Windows machine and the app installs. Although I normally go through dropbox instead.

KawaCoder(Posted 2013) [#4]
Yes, the setting is already set, USB Debugging checked.

Note: I do have BlueStacks App Player installed. Should I disable it? If so, how?

Volker(Posted 2013) [#5]
BlueStacks: Try to kill the service "BstHdAndroidSvc" with the taskmanager.
Then build again.

KawaCoder(Posted 2013) [#6]
I don't see "BstHdAndroidSvc" in my task list. What I have in the list are:
BlueStacks Agent
BlueStacks Block Device Helper Process
BlueStacks Log Rotator Service
BlueStacks Network Helper Process
BlueStacks Service
BlueStacks Shared Folder Helper Process

Which one(s) should I kill?

Volker(Posted 2013) [#7]
BlueStacks Agent is here under "processes" in the taskmanager.
Look under "services" (Windows 7).

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#8]
i have a galaxy tab and had this problem i think.On mine the program compiled corectly but just didnt intsall it on the device.The problem was i had the wrong android sdk installed. I had the one which included the eclipse stuff and that just didnt work.I changed to the correct sdk and everything worked fine.

KawaCoder(Posted 2013) [#9]
For some reason it is now working great without killing any process. I just unplugged Galaxy Tab and then plugged Xoom device instead. I don't think it was the solution.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

-Geo

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#10]
For my nexus 7 i got nothing until i reinstalled the tablets driver in device manager by setting it to look for drivers in the android sdk folder.

darky000(Posted 2014) [#11]
Bump.

I have the Android target running and I have also ran the Android emulator. It stops here on debug.

[echo] Installing C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\MonkeyPro76d\Games\balloony\balloony.build\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

What step am I going to do next? Is there something I have to do at the emulator or did I miss something?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#12]
I had this issue, my solution was to try a few different usb drivers, I tried the one kies installs, and the one the sdk installs, I forget which one eventually worked for me, but if you have not tried one of the above, give that a try and be sure to restart your pc in between

darky000(Posted 2014) [#13]
I did the Keis update but same result, I had the galaxy tab. Also with the BlueStack stopping the service. If you can recall with what sdk you might have installed?
I would prefer fixing the AVD emulator problem since I can't use my galaxy tab most of the time.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2014) [#14]
Not sure if it's a Mollusk thing or a Ted thing, but I find I need to do an android compile, launch AVD and start the emu, then compile again to make sure it installs.

To test on a real android I just copy across the apk and install on the android.

darky000(Posted 2014) [#15]
It worked! Thanks! Any theories why it is happening like that?