Compilation problem when i use java Classes [Win7]

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Compilation problem when i use java Classes [Win7]

Oniric(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello to all. :)

I have a rare problem: I have installed Monkey in a new computer, and i have modified config.winnt.txt, installed Android SDK, Java and apache-ant-1.8.2 as usual. When I test to compile to Android target i can do it correctly in many aplications, but i have a game that uses a Java class to control the vibration and i cannot get it compiled. It compiles and works OK in another computer with windows XP.

I get this compilation Log:

-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 3 source files to C:\Users\Fenris78\Desktop\Programacion\Monkey\Rocket\I-16\RocketCommander.build\android\bin\classes
    [javac] C:\Users\Fenris78\Desktop\Programacion\Monkey\Rocket\I-16\RocketCommander.build\android\src\com\monkeycoder\monkeygame\MonkeyGame.java:2514: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable activity
    [javac] location: class com.monkeycoder.monkeygame.MonkeyGame
    [javac] vibrator = (Vibrator)MonkeyGame.activity.getSystemService(Context.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);
    [javac]                                ^
    [javac] Note: C:\Users\Fenris78\Desktop\Programacion\Monkey\Rocket\I-16\RocketCommander.build\android\src\com\monkeycoder\monkeygame\MonkeyGame.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 1 error

BUILD FAILED
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.
Total time: 7 seconds
Done.

When i quit the java vibration class, it compiles OK.

The monkeyVibrate.java and monkeyVibrate.monkey Classes:

monkeyVibrate.java

import android.os.Vibrator;
import android.content.Context;

class monkeyvibrate
{
  public static Vibrator vibrator;

public static void StartVibrate(int millisec)
  {
vibrator = (Vibrator)MonkeyGame.activity.getSystemService(Context.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);
vibrator.vibrate(millisec);
  }

public static void StopVibrate()
  {
    vibrator.cancel();
  }
}

monkeyVibrate.monkey

'Import the class

Import "monkeyvibrate.java"

Extern
Function StartVibrate:Void(millisec : Int) = "monkeyvibrate.StartVibrate"
Function StopVibrate:Void() = "monkeyvibrate.StopVibrate"

Public

This computer has Windows 7 Installed.

I can't locate where is the problem. Any ideas?

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#2]
where did you get the code? I think the activity is not longer "MonkeyGame.activity." but now "BBAndroidGame._androidGame._activity."

This java code is running perfect on my android smartphone:

public static void startVibrate(int millisec)
{
	try {
		vibrator = (Vibrator)BBAndroidGame._androidGame._activity.getSystemService(Context.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);
		if (vibrator!=null)
			vibrator.vibrate(millisec);
	} catch (java.lang.SecurityException e) {
		android.util.Log.e("[Monkey]", "SecurityException: " + android.util.Log.getStackTraceString(e));
	}
}

public static void stopVibrate()
{
	try {
		if (vibrator!=null)
			vibrator.cancel();
	} catch (java.lang.SecurityException e) {
		android.util.Log.e("[Monkey]", "SecurityException: " + android.util.Log.getStackTraceString(e));
	}
}

Oniric(Posted 2013) [#3]
To be Honest... i don't know, we are a two people crew and that java code is not mine, i think we got it from some old documentation.

I have changed the Java code as you show and it Works perfect now. :D

The point is that the old code compiled OK in my old computer and worked in my smartphone too. I have encountered the problem only when i have reinstalled Monkey in a New computer.

Now i Know how to code it properly.

Thanks a lot Midimaster!!

TeaBoy(Posted 2013) [#4]
The Java code was what I did September last year lol ;o)