DebugLog will output something, no?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/DebugLog will output something, no?

nori(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi, if I write a DebugLog "hello" in OnCreate then I'll see "hello" in the output console when I run the app, correct?

I'm asking because I tried this, and it shows nothing. The app builds, installs and runs fine on my phone, and the last line in Ted is:

Starting: Intent { cmp=com.monkeycoder.monkeygame/.MonkeyGame }

And adb devices shows my phone as "?", I think that's no good sign.

Dalvik Debug Monitor shows me no single line of event, while I remember there should be hundreds of dalvik doing this and that lines, it shows the processes in the list but no text. So my USB connection to the phone is broken, isn't it?

I checked the phone's USB debugging setting, checked that it sais "connected to usb debugging", restarted a lot, could not install googles USB driver (it's simply refused), and the Huawai usb driver doesn't work, and their "DriverTools" did nothing, it said it would install a driver, but didn't.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#2]
I had this issue with HTML5 when I updated to a newer version of Monkey.

I had to edit the .js file and add a "Print" command to DebugLog as it had stopped outputting to the console window.

Not sure about Android as never used it, but might be worth checking?

nori(Posted 2013) [#3]
I checked it, it generated print commands in the .java file.

I've solved my issue. To be able to see logging with a Huawai phone one has to dial a backdoor number and switch logging on in the Huawai menu. Ouch. Can't believe this.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2250112/why-doesnt-logcat-show-anything-in-my-android