Will PlayMusic use same volume on all devices?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Will PlayMusic use same volume on all devices?

nori(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm asking because on my PC it plays at different volumes between Bluestacks/Youwave and HTML5. And by volume I actually mean the volume difference between PlayMusic and PlaySound.

I couldn't yet test it on an android device. But even if there the Music/Sound volume difference matches that of Bluestacks, would this be the same on all android devices?

Should I consider PlaySound for everything because of this issue?

So I'm tending to give up on (possible) streaming with PlayMusic. Since the biggest mp3 in my first game is 2.6 MB and my dads very cheap and old LG phone shows 107 MB of free "phone memory". So loading into RAM would just use 2.6 of 107 MB, right? Using PlaySound should be no problem at all?

PS: I've deleted some line in my post. My initial observation about GLFW was wrong. It does not play mp3 on my PC at all, no matter if PlayMusic or PlaySound.

PS2: Educated myself about the SoundPool 1 MB limit. I guess I'll just assume that, on different devices, the volume of android's MediaPlayer class will not be attenuated differently from Soundpool (without any way of control) and that this sorrow comes just from the monkey HTML5 target, which mixes it differently for whatever reason.