admob + amazon marketplace

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/admob + amazon marketplace

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Just got bit-invaders approved on the Amazon store and noticed that my admod ad's were not being displayed on the kindle fire ...

Are they not compatible or am I missing something ,

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Hmm.. haven't noticed that yet.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Don't suppose anyone with a Kindle could have a bash and let me know if the ad shows up or not ?

Having only seen it run on a single kindle it might just be an issue with the device rather than the platform.

You can grab it here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ERCV5SS

thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to check it for me.

mjcamerer(Posted 2013) [#4]
I have had Admob ads run just fine on Kindle Fire with no extra work. The admob ads should be completely compatible for you. Unfortunately I do not have a Kindle Fire of my own, so can not test it.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
yeah that's what I thought, will need to wait and see if some one else can test it.. not sure why the ads would not show on my brothers kindle..

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#6]
On my old galaxy tab the WiFi would shut down every now and then and adverts wouldn't show.have U checked his WiFi conection was on.but if U had just downloaded it from the store then it shud be

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#7]
yeah had just downloaded , so it was not that. the device was down to about 5% battery could that have been an issue ? possibly the device shut wifi off to save power, I'm not really sure .

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#8]
A lot of devices will auto-shut off WiFi and other services when the battery power is below a given threshold.

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#9]
my lad has a kindle fire. never seen the issue you mention with admob in our games on the device. I will try to persuade him to install your app, and observe the ads!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#10]
thanks mate.

let me know how it goes.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#11]
Game works fine, ads show up fine.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#12]
phew thank you very much mate.