OUYA: what is ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/OUYA: what is ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS?

Snader(Posted 2013) [#1]
I am trying to build something for the OUYA but I'am stuck with this part:

#ANDROID_KEY_STORE="../../release-key.keystore"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS = ?????
#ANDROID_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD="******"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS_PASSWORD=????

I have create the keystore file, which works correctly on signing app for Google Play, but what is this ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS stuff?

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#2]
I want to say that is your ID or Name to connect with OUYA. That is my guess.

With a quick [a http://www.google.com/search?q=ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=]google search[/a], I found this:

http://wiki.gxtechnical.com/commwiki/servlet/hwiki?Key+Alias+Property,

Hopefully this helps :)

Snader(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thanks computercoder, it was actually quit simple..

I build my key using a batch file I made a long time ago:

C:\"Program Files"\Java\jdk1.6.0_35\bin\keytool -genkey -alias release-key.keystore -keyalg RSA -validity 20000 -keystore keys/release-key.keystore

The answer to my question was already in there... Below settings work now.

#ANDROID_KEY_STORE="../../release-key.keystore"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS ="release-key.keystore"
#ANDROID_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD="mypassword"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS_PASSWORD="mypassword" 'the same as ANDROID_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#4]
Nice work snader :-)

This will come in very useful when I go to do the same thing.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#5]
I love programming for the OUYA. Especially now that it is so easy to develop for it using Monkey.

It's a funny device, the OUYA. Brings me back to the good old C64 and Amiga days. Now I've to wait for the multiple controller support.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#6]
Agreed. I did the Kick-starter for it (got the Limited Edition, 4 controllers and etched user names into the controllers - the brushed brown look). I loved the idea of what OUYA was going to do/be. It's incredibly simple programming OUYA with Monkey too :)

Like I said in another post, I'm working out getting the community version of the OUYA target to work using multiple controllers. I have all 4 working, but only the first controller connecting and controlling (as in the one you use to start the game with - could be controller 3) will be recognized using the left and right sticks and the two analog triggers (L2 and R2). Primarily due to the idea that it uses Monkey's JoyX,Y,Z and JoyDown/Hit commands. The rest of it swaps out the controls to buttons, so they all recognize. The real issues left are knowing which controller did which control and getting the analog controls to work on all controllers at the same time.

It was late last night before I got that much support working though :) Hopefully I'll get it soon! I think Oddball has the code written already. Perhaps its already in there b/c I see support for 4 controllers in the java code. I figured I'd take a stab at it... :)