First time with Android...

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/First time with Android...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hay all..

My new phone finally arrived today, it's the Samsung Galaxy S4, I have all the Android, Ant Apache sdk's installed and I can build my code but for some reason when I build it does not activate on the device.

Final line in output reads.
"install:
[echo] Installing D:\Dropbox\Public\code\Alpha\StickRun\StickRun.build\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...
"

This is also my first use with android , so when it comes to anything android related I'm a total novice, any help would be much appreciated, I understand there is a more manual way to test on the device if I cant get it to do it automatically so info on that would be cool as well.

I did try searching the forums but the search function here as we all know sucks.

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#2]
Install driver that come with the phone.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
I didnt get a driver with the phone.

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#4]
I'm sure USB is the quickest way to do this. Another route I've used is dropbox - install the db client on your android device and your PC, once you've built your .apk file on the PC, drop in in your dropbox then install on your 'droid..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
Yeah I did this actually without really thinking about it, my little project happens to be in a dropbox folder, so I got it running like that, but would be better if I didnt have to worry about that all the time, if I could just click build&run and have it boot.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#6]
most phones require some type of driver. Samsung usually has it on their site.
you could try this one, i haven't tried it. i think i used Kies the last time.

http://developer.samsung.com/android/tools-sdks/Samsung-Andorid-USB-Driver-for-Windows

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#7]
Erm, I think Adam it might have been linked me a site earlier where he got his custom mod , that happend to have a usb driver on it, I tried that and it worked.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#8]
gona tempt fate and install that one as well, since its from a better source.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#9]
also gona go run a full visrus scan as well just to be safe.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#10]
It's the same driver ROFL. guess it was just from a mirror the one I got. anyway.. sorry for all the spam.