Crash after Google Play Install

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Crash after Google Play Install

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#1]
So once I get the game to run on my nexus 10 and I successfully upload to the store (Called Ancient Raiders if you want to test on your device, it is FREE) I try installing it from the store - then I start and it crashed.

Google sends me this crash report:

Does it make sense to you?

What do you think is going on?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
i downloaded it and it didn't work here either.
it seems like the file is named something different from the manifest file (perhaps?).

pull the apk form the device and rename it as a zip and look inside.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#3]
If it worked at home and not in the store, then it may be a signing error?

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#4]
Yeah the apk is named: anceint-raiders-signed-zipped.apk, the manifest AndroidManifest.xml, the apk looks OK to me.

Din't get any errors in the signing process, but maybe. I went through it a couple of times, any idea what could silently wrong in the signing?

I did foudn this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4688277/java-lang-runtimeexception-unable-to-instantiate-activity-componentinfo

The most probable answer was that the Activit wasn't added to the manifest, but does not monkey do that for me? And how can I know which activites to add? Do I need to add one extra for chartboost maybe?

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#5]
It can't be the signature. If the signing went wrong you would get a "package error" during installation...

Volker(Posted 2013) [#6]
The crash report tells me that the app is named com.tibitinteractive.ancientraiders2

"ancientraiders2". Is it correct? Just a wild guess.

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#7]
@Volker, yes that should be correct :)

Anyone has any ideas? I'm happy to do some heavy lifting to debug things, I just don't know where to start.

What should I do to debug?