No Android Target?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/No Android Target?

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi Guys,

New here and just bought Monkey and enjoying it so far. Ive done 1 game in ObjC+Cocos2D and 1 in CoronaSDK. Started dabbling with ImpactJS but loving the multi-target approach in Monkey (and takes me way back to my old days with GW-BASIC and QBASIC).

However I have just downloaded v.69 and notice in Ted I only have targets for C++ GLFW, iOS and HTML5. Is it because I'm running OS X I dont see any other targets? I see WM8 and Flash mentioned but dont have them either?

Cheers

Gary

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
Look in the bin folder and there in the config file of your platform. If you have the android sdk installed, set the path to its location.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#3]
you can find more installation notes in the Ted help under Target SDKs.

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#4]
Thanks guys for the pointers, that makes sense.

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#5]
Wow Mike you are everywhere!

I was using your InDEed app you wrote for Corona for a little while (I'm a long time Delphi Dev like you if you remember) and I think you hang out on the Gideros forums too?

My nick:garyk1968 is the same across all forums

Have a good day!

Gary

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hi Gary, great to see you here. Didn't expect a LUA guy coming here. :-)

If you need any help, just drop me a line

contact ( a t ) michaelhartlef (d ot) de

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#7]
Ha ha Mike

Well have to say I'm just blown away by the multi target support.

Playing this afternoon with html5 and glfw targets and everything works a treat. Was being pessimistic and thinking ios target wouldn't work but it did, flawlessly!

Thanks for your offer, think Ill buy your book to help me.

Yes Lua is great and so is Gideros but I think that ios and android as the only targets just isn't enough now.

All the best

Gary

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#8]
The book doesn't teach much of the inners of Monkey, it is more about game dev and using monkey plus a framework for it.

Looks that the bananas samples, the help files (there are also some tutorials) and these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/smalltimeoutlaws/videos?view=1

They are awesome!

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#9]
Thanks Mike.

What do you use for an IDE by the way?

My main machine is a Mac (although I also have a PC) so was looking at either using sublime + monkey package or stick with ted for now. Would really like code intellisense, not just for keywords but for my own classes and variables too.

Regards

Gary

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#10]
I use TED these days. I have no need for intellisense and like you am on OSX.
Maybe I will get back on IndeEd and make it compatible with Monkey, I dunno.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#11]
Just for the heck, I tried to compile IndeED. It still does ;-)

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#12]
Just gotta do a syntax parser for Monkey!