admob - putting your add at x,y?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/admob - putting your add at x,y?

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hey guys - Thought I'd check out admob using the one built into Monkey and got it working no problem (if only IAP were builtin /wink /wink), however id like to position the ad anywhere on screen rather then top,bottom etc. I had a quick look at the .java file, changed it to SMARTBANNER just cus but I cannot see a way to set an x,y - googling didn't help me either. Any ideas?

sandfella(Posted 2013) [#2]
Seems google maybe wants relative coordinates. Some layout definition could help but it might be not the native gui thing. Quite a bit of discussion about this if you google for it

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#3]
There is no easy way for this. I guess you have to mess with the layout files...

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#4]
ah thought as much.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#5]
Can't you just place the webview where you want and scale it to the correct ad-size?

It *should* be possible, but involves altering brl.admob.

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hum I am sure I scanned over the brl.admob and didn't see anything obvious but i'll take another look.

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#7]
While we on about admob I assume I need to remove the two;

#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE

lines from;

#ADMOB_PUBLISHER_ID="abcdabcdabcdabc" 'from your admob account
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE1="TEST_EMULATOR"
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE2="ABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCD"	'your device's admob ID for test mode

When I go live?

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#8]
however id like to position the ad anywhere on screen

Nice if we can do that and animate the pos. Moving ads seem to get more attention. Imagine in 10 minute duration the ads move from top to botom and back to top again after 10 minute. But maybe violation admob rule.